Sunday 3 November 2013

Visa on Arrival at Delhi International Airport

While the Singapore passport exempts holders from visa requirements for many states, I found out that India does not exempt Singaporeans from visa requirements. Instead, upon arrival in India (Delhi, Chennai, Mumbai, Kolkata, Trivanduram, Bangalore, Hyderabad etc.), a Visa on Arrival needs to be obtained (remember to bring a passport photo).

I would not describe the process as a breeze - it took the officer about 20 minutes per passenger. 3 passengers were ahead of me, and it took a whole 90 minutes to get my visa. Every single field is vetted.

You would imagine that for US$60 a pop, there would be more staff serving/a quicker experience. Sorry to disappoint.

They says first impression counts; I counted 90 minutes of my time away. I would recommend that if you have a connecting flight/train/bus to catch, have a comfortable allowance or try to get the Visa in Singapore (not sure if this is possible).


For more information on Visa on Arrival (VOA) for Singaporeans, visit the Indian High Commission's page (Singapore).

No comments:

Post a Comment